Tasted and smelled copper just after forehead injury. Bruise appeared and getting headache. Safe remedy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I hit my forehead last night and its bruised. I immediately tasted and smelled copper. I was disoriented for a minute and got a bad headache with pain shooting down my nose. This morning I still have a headache but its coming from right temple. I have a history of 2 concussions in the past 10 years. Should I see a doctor?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 58 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious head injury.

For pain relief, you could take analgesics such as Ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets.

If you develop severe headache, vomiting, double vision, drowsiness, etc, you may consult a doctor and get a CT scan of the head done.

As of now, there is no need to worry.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Tasted and smelled copper just after forehead injury. Bruise appeared and getting headache. Safe remedy? 59 minutes later
Thank you for the prompt response! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 minutes later
Thank you and take care,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)