Tarlov cysts found in the sacral canal through MRI. Suffering from crohn's diease. What do you recommend?

My doctor just told me that my MRI showed that I have multiple Tarlov cysts in the sacral canal ranging in size up to a little more than 1cm in diameter. The MRI also showed that I have Haemangiolipoma's in the body of LV2 & LV3. Also LV1 and SV1 show mild dehydration. I am 58 healthy female with long term symptoms of Right iliac fossa pain radiating into my sacro iliac region recently with pain down my right leg and pain wakes me at night sometimes like a tooth ache, sometimes burning aching sensation. My Dr has never heard of these Tarlov cyst. He has ordered me a CT guided infiltration right L5 and S1 to help with pain symtoms. By the way I have an old crushed fracture of my L5, previous xray 5yrs ago did not show a fracture. I have no history of injury. Bone scan and density normal limits. What advise can you give me. I did have Crohns Disease which I have been in remission for last 10yrs, regular colonoscopies confirm remission. I am normal wt 58kgs height 166cm, active person. What are your thoughts
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
These are benign problems and do not need any active treatment. Symptomatic pain management is indicated. If with conservative management there is no relief radio-frequency ablation may be discussed with your doctor which will shrink these lesions,and you will get symptomatic relief. If it is still a problem radio surgery may be the option . As your doctor has advised you CT guided infiltration of anaesthetic or sclelorosing agent, it may the initial choice but in my opinion the relief may not be long lasting
.Regarding crohns disease you do not have to worry as there is no association of the same with your present problem.
your problem might be getting aggravated due to hypocalcaemia causing the softening of bones and leading to bony tenderness and pain on pressure.Please start taking calcium with Vit. D if not already having it and you will get drastic relief.
i wish you good luck.
Dr. Ticku