Tanned due to sun exposure. Suggest the treatment to get back original colour?

I got tanned very badly yseterday as exposed to Sun,how can i get my original colour back?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply sunscreen regularly and hydrocort cream

Detailed Answer:
Tanning is caused by sun rays increasing the melanin pigment production in skin.
To prevent further tanning and to get normal skin tone I usually advise patients
-Use good quality sunscreen regularly in day time.Application at 9 am ,12 noon, 3pm is ideal.
-A good quality sunscreen should have Sun protection factor of 30 or more.
-A night time application of mild steroid like hydrocortisone 1% cream is advised in my patients for initial 10-15 days.
-Later on I prefer a kojic acid ,glycolic acid ,liquorice extract containing cream at night time.
-A significant improvement should be expected at 3-4 weeks.
Also some additional treatments like chemical peeling and skin lightening masks are being used for my patients.

Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification I will be available for follow up.