Taking zolfresh 10 mg. What are the demerits of taking zolfresh 30 mg medicine?

hi i m taking zolfresh 10mg fm last dec & I hd increased my dose to 30mg. so i want to know what are the demerits of the medicine if i continue the same way.Without medicine it is immpossible for me to sleep.I am a 41 yrs old female.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 21 minutes later

Zolfresh contains Zolpidem which is a non-benzodiazepine sleeping tablet.

One demerit of this that it can cause dependence, though the dependence potential is much less than Benzodiazepines.

Individuals with thyroid problem are more prone to develop psychological problems like depression and anxiety, where sleep problem is a symptom. Hence, it is better to evaluate for depression and anxiety and also to be treated for thyroid imbalance.

Moreover, increasing Zolfresh on your own gradually to get same level of sleep from 10 mg to 30 mg may be the 1st sign of development of dependence.

Hope this addresses your worry

For further discussion I am available

Wish you sound sleep, XXXXXXX