Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking zanocin and topla-d for penis pain. Have tight frenulum. Should I go for surgery?

I got some untolerable pain at the tip of my penis. I consulted urologist in Bangalore and going through medication. The medicines I am going through is Zanocin and Topla-D.

I have a very tight frenulum and tip inside frenulum is more reddish(as per doctor's examine)

He is suggesting to go for surgery. and is saying frenuloplasty may not be possible due to small ring, then may have to proceed for circumcision.

I want to know whether any risks involved in the frenulum surgery? and is there any alternative way for overcoming tight frenulum apart from surgery.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later

If you have a tight and short frenulum, best option is either frenuloplasty or circumcision.
I personally prefer circumcision, which gives a far better result.
Side effects like bleeding and pain are very rare if done by an experienced urologist.
It is a very safe surgery, which can be easily done in the outpatient department.

Let me know if you have more concerns.