Taking z pack for sinus infection. Concerned for increased nasal discharge and sleeping difficulty

Am presently on the 5th day of a z pack perscribed for a sinus infection the increase in nasal drainage is making it difficult to sleep without waking up and choking and spitting. Also have what appears to be an ulcerated sore where my sinuses are drainning in the back of my throat.Should I take that 5th Pill in the zpack?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Z pack is an anti biotic called as AZITHROMYCIN and as such, one should always complete its course of anti biotic.
You must definitely take that last pill of the pack.
As far as increased drainage is concerned, you should start taking steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day, as it would help in reducing the inflammation of nasal as well as sinus mucosa.
Avoid taking cold drinks and smoking, if any.
I hope it helps however, you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck