Taking z pack for bronchitis. Feeling weakness in forearm and pain in shoulder blade. Cause?

Nov 2013

I have left shoulder blade pain and weakness in left forearm and hand. I have also had bronchitis for about 1 month. Took one round of a Z back. Bronchitis seemed to go away but has come back. I am coughing up thick XXXXXXX phelgm that is XXXXXXX in my chest. I have degenerative disc changes in C5/C6 and usually have neck and shoulder pain so I wonder if it is related or something else. I have a history of social smoking, but I am not a regular smoker. Any thoughts?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 20 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your chest and cervical spine symptoms are probably not related.

Chest symptoms are suggestive of an infection, probably a bacterial infection. You may require another course of antibiotics for complete relief from symptoms.

Cervical spine probelms are due to bulging of discs and compression of the cervical nerves. This can lead to neck pain, pain & tingling in arms, weakness or numbness of arms, etc.

Physical therapy along with medications such as pregabalin may be useful for this.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM