Taking xanax for anxiety. Having abdominal pain, kidney pain and noticed blood in stool. Reason?

I have been pooping straight blood for over a month now and also have pains in my left kidney and lower left side of my stomach,I take Xanax for anxiety also
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 14 minutes later
You certainly need to have a visit to your nearest clinic to have few tests done. Most important of these would be an ultrasound examination of your kidneys and bladder region initially, an X-ray of the same area, a urine analysis, a urine culture if required and an estimation of serum creatinine which is a blood test for kidney function.
Depending on the findings of these tests, you might require further evaluation - for example, a urine cytology test for any malignant cells, or an endoscopy of your lower urinary tract called cysto-urethroscopy, or a CT scan of your kidneys if there is a strong suspicion of a malignancy. treatment would obviously depend on the cause of the problem.
Let me know what is the progress so that I may be able to guide you further.