Taking winstrol, clenbuterol. Missed period, started spotting. Pregnancy test positive. False result due to steroids?

I have been taking winstrol and clenbuterol for the last eight weeks i missed my period but i had spotting on a day i should have been on my period. I took a test today and it was positive. Could it be false due to steroids? my last period was on feb 5th.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Taking steroids- winstrol and clenbuterol is not likely to cause false positive urine test for pregnancy. These tests are 97% accurate.

The positive urine test is based on the HCG levels in the urine which are not affected by intake of steroids.

You can also get your serum HCG levels estimated after consulting your Gynecologist since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests. This will help in further confirmation of pregnancy.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.