Taking wellbitrin. Reduced from 2to 1 pill. Is that safe?

Dec 2012

I have been taking wellbitrin 2 pill once a day for 3-4 years. I just cut back to 1 pill once a day. Am I just being lazy or would that make me feel like I don't want to do anything
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to help you with your query,

Wellbutrin withdrawal could come with its own effects. However, due to its anticonvulsant properties, stopping WELLBUTRIN should be done with a gradual dose reduction (also known as tapering), combined with specific nutritional products to support the body and the brain during the withdrawal process. Wellbutrin depletes the body of essential vitamins, minerals, and Glutathione (the body’s master antioxidant), and alters Melatonin production, which is critical for normal sleep patterns. Glutathione is essential for a healthy immune system and the detoxification process. Tapering or withdrawing from wellbutrin could come with fatigue and other symptoms as side effect of the withdrawal. You will need to be placed on multivitamin supplements, calcium supplements and take as much balanced diet as possible.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah