Taking warfarin for lung blood clots, stroke and deep vein thrombosis. Had scraped foot and blood has formed

I have been taking warfarin for about three years because of double lung blood clots and stroke and deep vein I scraped my foot and the blood has formed in my foot which is about two and a half inches in length right now, I have taken two doses of warfarin and two baby aspirins ...warfarin is 2 mg tablets I have my blood Inr tested from 2 weeks to 1 month in maintenence.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question. As you know since you're taking warfarin you can have bleeding when you get even small injuries. At this time I would not take any additional doses of Coumadin or aspirin. Continue taking your normal dose of Coumadin and watch for any excessive bleeding or bruising.

Again no need to change the dose of your medication. I would not add additional aspirin at this point.

Thank you again for sending your question. If you have specific concerns which we can discuss further I would be happy to review those with you as well.

Dr. Galamaga