Taking vyvanse medication. What are its effects on periods and drug interactions with birth control?

Can taking vyvanse effect my period/menstrual cycle or counter act my birth control, Zarah, which i have been taking faithfully for three years?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Taking vyanase is not likely to reduce the birth control effect of Zarah. But there are reports of decreased efficacy of both the medicines.

The contraceptive effect of Zarah is maintained while side effects may become more prominent.

You can safely combine the two drugs without worrying about getting pregnant.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.