Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hi

Im currently taking Vitamin B supplement Vitamin B12 supplement vitamin C supplement and vitamin supplement and glucosamine. I am also eating more nuts such as almonds and haselnuts . I am also taking Herbalife shakes and also eating 5 apricot pits each day.
I am afraid of having cancer and im waiting for bloodresults.

Is this dangerous?
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 55 minutes later

Why are you taking all these multivitamins supplements?

Use of vitamin C is associated with development of cancer. While Vitamin C is antioxidant and associated with cancer prevention but at places, cancer has
been documented with the use of Vitamin C

Long term use of folic acid and vitamin B12 is also associated with increased risk of cancer.

Haslenut are used for cancer risk prevention.

Apricot use kills the cancer cells and prevent the development of cancer.

Almonds are used for cancer risk prevention and few studies with almond for breast cancer has been done but are not supportive.

Put your views if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 35 minutes later
I use this because I feel I am not healthy and have difficulties with eating enough.

Thank you for your reply.

I read on the internet that too much apricot pits is very XXXXXXX is this true?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 11 hours later
There are two different opinion, at few places apricot use has been defined as cancer protective while at other places it is defined as cancer promoter.
If you are not feeling healthy then multivitamin is not a solution. You should go for thorough check up by physician.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 7 hours later
Hi

I know but I thought taking vitamins would not harm so I gave it a try

What do you personally thing of apricot pits

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Apricot pits are cancer preventive in my opinion.

Sincerely,
Dr. Mayank

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 3 hours later
Hi

And how many would you take a day?

On the package it says 5 pits a day but what if you have cancer? How many should You take then?
Thanks

It is very difficult to comment. At few places this figure is 6 per day. at few places 5-7 per day. At few places, it is 10-15 per day apricot seed should be taken.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 12 minutes later
What would you think is the best?
Im sorry for the many question I am very unsecure.
Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 minutes later
5-7 is the best as supported by many studies.
Don't make me secure after becoming unsecure.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 2 minutes later
Hi

Sorry what do you mean with
don't make me secure after becoming unsecure.

Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 16 minutes later

My work is to satisfy my patient thought so do bother about asking your query and don't become unsecure after thinking so much about cancer.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank

Follow-up: Taking vitamin supplement, glucosamine and herbalife shakes. Is it dangerous? Chances of cancer? 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks
Thank you very much
I will leave this open for a couple of days before I quit it just in case

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Most welcome for further query.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank