Taking vertin for giddiness. Have spondylitis and pain in temple. Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hi doctor. I have spontolaysis problem and I take vertin 16 for giddiness and even if I take it it's till there and I have a small pain on my left temple. What can be this some other problem what may be the reason.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcarecaremagic forum.

Let me know the associated features along with mentioned.
Do you have ear ache and discharge/ getting giddiness on change of posture?
Do you have running nose and tears/ any aggravating or relieving factor for headache?
Is this headache aggravating on exposure to light?
What is the type of headache?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of migraine.
There appears to be least correlation between cervical spondylitis and mentioned symptoms.

Giddiness at any time can't be associated with cervical spondylitis.

Migraine is a type of headache with group of symptoms.
Migraine may be associated with headache, vomiting, vertigo, aggravation with exposure to sun light.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up.
You should go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate and CT/ MRI scan brain.
Meanwhile, you should continue vertin 16 mg TDS alnog with Cinnarizine.
You should also take sumantriptan and divalproex.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other queries.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vertin for giddiness. Have spondylitis and pain in temple. Reason? 11 minutes later
Sir.
I have giddiness only when I stand and I have also little pain on my temple when I touch and can i also have pain from my neck till my hand. So what would u Sujest.
Thank for your reply. I have pain mainly on my neck when I bend or stand and I also have pain penetrating till my hands and there no ear pain or non. I have little pain on my temple when I touch and pain is very little. When I sleep there is no pain or guide XXXXXXX only when I stand I feel.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 5 minutes later
HI,
You should go for above prescribed investigations.
You should also take cinnarizne along with vertin.
For radiating pain in upper linb, you can take pregabalin / gabapentin along with methylcobalamin, oxcarbazepine, amitryptiline.
You should also apply soft collar in neck.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking vertin for giddiness. Have spondylitis and pain in temple. Reason? 17 minutes later
Sir
Sorry to disturb u. Will it be a cancer and I am much worried on this. Is these symtoms associated to cancer.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
No, it is not possible as per your query and your level of consciousness suggest.
This is very common diagnosis thought by patient.

Brain tumor are associated with headache, vomiting, neurological symptoms such as weakness or increased or decreased sensory symptoms, difficulty in vision.
All these symptoms are absent in your case.

Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava