Taking vasograin for migraine. Found pregnant. Alternate medicine without any side effects?

My Name is XXXXXXX i am from India I am suffering from Migraine from last 9 years and habitual of Vasograin. Regular I took 3 tablets everyday of Vasograin. Now I am Pregnant I want my baby should be safe from side effects of Vasograin. Tell me what is the other option instead of Vasograin during pregnancy. Which medicine should I take and procedure to take? Which will be easily available in Indian Market? Kindly Suggest me good medicine for migraine during the time of Pregnancy? also diet chart
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 36 minutes later
Taking Vasograin is contraindicated during pregnancy because it contains ergot product which affects the health of placenta and the development of the fetus.
You should review to a neurologist for proper evaluation.
You can use tab Ultracet as a reasonably safe alternative, or Paracetamol would be also very safe option.
Diet in pregnancy should be a healthy balanced diet with good amount of protein about 100gm/day and iron and calcium intake should be added according to the duration of pregnancy.
You would be guided by your gynecologist in still more details on the diet issue.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Taking vasograin for migraine. Found pregnant. Alternate medicine without any side effects? 18 minutes later
Good Evening Doctor

Thanks for your healthy suggestions. I just want to know what will be the cure for Migraine? Because of this I got irritation, temper loose sometime so much possessive for everything..Kindly Suggest me some valuable things.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Migraine is an episodic headache and it's onset is unpredictable. In some people it has particular precipitating factors like strong smells, light, cold air, exercise etc., by avoiding these things you can avoid the attack of migraine.
The rule in attack is to treat it at the onset because once started it is difficult to control the headache.
Cure of migraine is not predictable but if it is frequent then prophylaxis can reduce the morbidity and the disease dies out by itself after years.
You should not get upset because it will increase the problems and would not help in disease.
You need to discuss the disease extent, problems of your manifestations with a local neurophysician who will guide you through multiple options like treating an attack of migraine also. There are good drugs in today's medicines but you need to be evaluated and drugs are to be taken in expert supervision only.
Wish you a great health!