Taking tylenol. Found slightly elevated alkaline phosphate level Is this due to tylenol?

I have had slightly elevated Alkaline Phosphate readings for years. during the last twenty years, in conjunction with my cardiologist, I have had about twenty readings of Alk Phos. Usually the reading is somewhere between 3 to 7 points above the higher limit posted. Sometimes it is slightly below the higher limit. My primary physician and I have monitored those results and since they were never more than 5 or 7 points above the limit,did nothing(Only one reading, fifteen years ago was 25 points above normal.

Now,I have had a reading of 176 Alk Phos. about 40 points above normal.

Ihave also been taking NORMAL amounts of Tylenol each day for my Arthritic Symptoms. Could the Tylenol be responsible for the higher level?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 20 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Tylenol generally raises some liver enzymes - not Alkaline phosphatase.
The raise is still small - but may need more evaluation.

You should investigate the LIVER and BONE - the two major sources.
HEPATOLOGIST and/or ORTHOPAEDICIAN is the specialist concerned for further assessment and assistance - especially to exclude malignancy.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck