Taking triptomer tablet for pain relief. Have osteoporosis, nerve pain. Is it a steroid? How to avoid wyslone?

hi, my mother is taking triptomer tablet for pain relief but we are not sure of this tablet .Does triptomer contains steroid? she want to avoid wyslone .which tablet is best and safe .please suggest.she is having severe body ache.she has ostoporosis ,nerve pain also
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 3 hours later
Hi there.

You have provided with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

For what kind of pain was Tryptomer prescribed ? Does body pain include headache ?

Is there any problem in sleeping for your mother ?

As mentioned by you, Tryptomer has been prescribed for severe body pains. Medical history mentioning Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder with many painful points over the shoulder and trunk areas. There will be extreme weakness, sleep problems, nerve pain, tingling and numbness sensation, sometimes difficulty in swallowing. It is usually associated with anxiety and depression.

This disease is aggravated by stress. Kindly make sure your mother tries to remain stress free. Yoga will help for stress relief.

Since depression is associated with Fibromyalgia illness, an anti-depressant medication like Tryptomer or Amytryptilline is prescribed. This also helps to reduce the body pain, fatigue and sleep problems. Tryptomer has no steroid medication or effects. It is a tricyclic anti-depressant. There are some side effects like dry mouth, dry throat, nausea, urinary retention and other effects.

Medication like Milnacipran and Pregabalin have very good effect to reduce the severe nerve pain.

For osteoporosis, it is recommended to consume food XXXXXXX in calcium and proteins like milk, cheese, eggs, calcium and vitamin D3 supplements. This helps to make the bones strong and reduce fractures. Good medication like Alendronate are very useful to reduce osteoporosis progression as well.

It is also very important to consult a Psychiatrist to obtain Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). This, along with medication will help to reduce the suffering to minimum.

Combination of right medicine with good behavior therapy will surely reduce your mother's suffering. Please consult leading Doctors in your region to obtain benefit for her relief.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Taking triptomer tablet for pain relief. Have osteoporosis, nerve pain. Is it a steroid? How to avoid wyslone? 13 hours later
Thanks for your reply.My mother is having problem with severe nerve pains specially in legs and foot.she cannot stand for so long , actually tryptomer was precribed for nerve pain very long back,but in past 1 yr she changed her doctor so that doctor prescribed wysolone,because of this she got weight gain,and osteoporosis that is why she want to change her medicine and take tryptomer.
can you suggest a doctor in this case, in Delhi or NCR region.
Follow-up: Taking triptomer tablet for pain relief. Have osteoporosis, nerve pain. Is it a steroid? How to avoid wyslone? 2 minutes later
i forget to mention that she is doing aerobics and walk also
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 38 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

Wysolone is steroid which is known to reduce inflammation in Fibromyalgia.

Tryptomer also has good efficacy for body pain.

It is advisable to consult a Neurologist to request for alternate medication without steroid for avoiding side effects due to the discomfort.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW

I am glad to know that your mother is performing aerobics and walking exercise. This reduces stress and also pain and suffering associated with the disease.

Wishing good health.