Taking trilafon for a long period. Can I stop now?

Dec 2012

I took Trilafon during 15 years. Now I want stop it. I took 7 pills each week during a month, 6 pills each week during a month, 5 pills each week during a month, 4 pills each week during a month, 3 pills each week during a month, since three days i feel very bad, What can I do because I would like to continue?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later

Thanks for posting,
First of all before you take any decision regarding the drug, you will need to either consult the prescribing doctor or consult with a psychiatric specialist as the drug you are talking about is a prescription medication and under no circumstances should be taken without prior authorization from a doctor. The reason why there was tapering of your pills for over the past 15 years is because doctor wanted to minimize any withdrawal syndrome and if you have started feeling bad, it means your dosage has been lowered below the dosage that is required to keep you fit.
I suggest that you consult with a neuropsychiatrist as soon as you can so the decision on whether to continue treatment or not should be made.

Hope this was helpful
Dr Nsah