Taking treatment for seborrheic dermatitis on scalp. Found spot on arm. Could it be psoriasis?

I am 29 yrs old attaching pics of my trunk and arm. i have had these spots for quite some time. remember visiting a dermatologist some 8 yrs ago. if I remember correctly i was told this happens due to sweat.
i am undergoing treatment for seborrheatic dermatatis on scalp

pls advise if these spots could be psoriasis or some other infection. pls note earlier 8 yrs ago the spot was only one. now it has increased 2-3 spots. i still have only single spot on arm though
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 7 hours later

Thank you for your query.

These skin lesions are not consistent with psoriasis. The lesion of psoriasis is silvery scale.

The black pigmentation on your trunk may be acanthosis nigricans. It is a common findings of obese person.

The lesion at the arm is totally different from the trunk. Ring worm infection is the most possibility.
These skin lesions are ring in shape & itchy. Local anti fungal agent is needed to eradicate the infection.

I would suggest you to consider consulting a dermatologist and plan the treatment accordingly.

I hope I have been some help of your query. Please write if you have any doubt.