Taking treatment for pneumonia. Feeling nauseous and tightness in stomach with sour taste. Remedy?

I feel slightly nauseous, stomach is a tight know like it's sqeezing my whole belly especially on the sides and I have a kind of sour tast in my mouth all the time.. I am trying to get over pneumonia. What can I do about the tight feeling and the taste?Thanks.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Are you telling that you are suffering from pneumonia now?
Do you have any fever, expectoration?
Are you on any treatment/ medicines for it? Can you specify what are you on?
Are you very breathless or coughing?
Do you have any reports/ xrays to upload here on the site?
Do you have acidity/ sour eructations?

I think your tight abdomen and sourness is from overacting respiratory muscles due to infection in the lungs.

Sour taste can be due to sickness or medicines.

I would be more specific once you give these answers.
You can take chewable ondansetron 4 mg for nausea and acetaminophen for any pain / sourness in the muscles.

I would be glad to answer any further queries.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Follow-up: Taking treatment for pneumonia. Feeling nauseous and tightness in stomach with sour taste. Remedy? 54 minutes later
I am finished with some antibiotics but still taking apo-sulfatrim
No fever and no expectoration (there should be) but I can't get anything.
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 10 minutes later
Thanks for the update.

It is now more likely that it is a side effect of Apo-sulfatrim (trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole).
Gastro-intestinal side effects are common. It may also cause a strange taste.

Please consult your doctor and decide continuing this medicine if are too much affected by the side effects. A better tolerated alternative may be thought of.

I think this answers your query well.
get well soon !