Taking treatment for peripheral neuropathy. Have numbness in legs. Safe to take nerve repair optimizer?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
I have Peripheral Neuropathy I have being takeing Neuropathy Support Formula (4 per day) for appor.
6 weeks with liitle result Thinking of trying Nerve repair Optmimizer (1 per day) I am a 81 year male with
PH with weekness & mumness in both legs & feet or will this just take more time
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 53 minutes later
Neuropathy support formula is a blend of multivitamins and neurotonics advised in treatment of neuropathy.
It's seen to show effects within 3-5 weeks however may take as long as 2 months for the same.
The nerve repair optimizer products contain naturally derived enzymes to help in faster recovery and can be taken along if you have no or minimal improvement with the former treatment . However it would be advisable to wait for a couple of weeks to notice any improvement in your symptoms with the neuropathy support formula.
Also, I assume you are taking the formulation as prescribed( 2 capsules before meals morning and night ie 4 capsules daily).
In any case after a period of 6 weeks if you have absolutely no relief it's best to get yourself reevaluated by your doctor for best management .
Hope I have answered your query.