Taking treatment for oral and genital thrush. Using cream on penis for genital yeast infection. Any treatment?

Hi - I'm currently being treated for oral and genital thrush that is believed to be caused by 4 rounds of antibiotics I was recently on. I have been using Nystatin cream on my penis for the genital yeast infection. Today, after it seemed everything was clear, I had a few more red spots show up that are of concern. My questions are:

1. Does this indeed still look like a penile yeast infection, or something else?
2. Are there any additional measures I can take beyond the Nystatin to clear it up and keep it gone?

I am also being treated for prostatitis at this same time.
I have never had sexual intercourse before. Only oral on occasion.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The small red spots that have appeared do seem to be due to the yeast infection or dermatitis. Since you are taking both oral and topical treatment for this infection, there is nothing to worry. These will disappear spontaneously without any additional treatment over 4-5 days.
In case the spots persist then applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment will be helpful.
Meanwhile keep the area dry and follow general cleanliness measures to avoid re infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking treatment for oral and genital thrush. Using cream on penis for genital yeast infection. Any treatment? 31 minutes later
Hi doctor...Thank you. This does not look like anything else such as the rare chance of an std right? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The lesions are not at all like STDs. Please do not worry.
These will subside in next few days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.