Taking treatment for mantle cell lymphoma. CT sacn showing multiple axillary lymph nodes with preserved fatty hilum. What does it mean?

My mother is under treatment for Mantle Cell Lymphoma. After her third chemo doc wanted to have a review and hence they advised a CT scan. The scan report says that she has 1. multiple mediastinal and axillary lymphnodes with preserved fatty hilum - non specific 2. Multiple mesentric nodes, paraaortic and iliac adenopathy 3. Mild hepatomegaly will fatty changes liver 4. No lung parenchymal changes What does these mean?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to compare the films Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. This CT scan was done to evaluate the response to therapy. Hence these films should be compared with the previous ones to see how much the lymph nodes have reduced. As such, this report is showing few lymph nodes in the chest and abdomen which in all probability was present before chemo also. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.