Taking treatment for low sperm count. Difficulty in maintaining erection. Suggestions

I am male 33 years old, weight 74 kgs. I am having problems in maintaining erections, the erection disappears within a few minutes when having intercourse , but when masturbating I am able to maintain erection till I ejaculate. I am also having low sperm count and have started treatment.
Posted Fri, 18 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 26 hours later

From your query, I could understand that you are losing erections while intercourse where as you are able to maintain erection while masturbation.

Since you are able to get and maintain good erection while masturbation, we can rule out physical causes of erectile dysfunction.

The cause of loosing erection for you is that you are too much worried about your performance in sexual intercourse. These negative thoughts can ruin your erections.

My suggestions for get rid of this problem

1. Avoid thinking about your performance
2. Spend more time with your partner and focus more on foreplay
3. Better communication and intimacy with your partner.
4. Practice relaxation techniques like yoga etc
5. Do Kegels exercise - You can do this by either sitting or lying down. Contract the muscles like when you do to stop urinating. You can feel your urethra and anus squeezed. Stay for 3 seconds and relax again for 3 seconds. Repeat this for 10-15 times a session. For best results do this 3 times a day regularly.

Hope I cleared your query in full. Still I am available if you have more queries.

Wish you all the best.

Follow-up: Taking treatment for low sperm count. Difficulty in maintaining erection. Suggestions 10 hours later
Thank you for your answer, I would like to clarify if tablets like Manforce 50 are not required or would they be helpful.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 16 hours later

Thanks again.

Manforce 50 (Sildenafil Citrate - Viagra) is not required as you are able to maintain erection while masturbating, but you can take it for boosting your confidence level after discussing with your doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns. If all your queries have been answered, please close this discussion.

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine