Taking treatment for hypothyroidism. Still difficulty in conceiving. On Fertyl tablets

hello doctor..I have thyroid problem.. now the levels have come to normal.. still pregnancy is not working for me. when i consulted the doctor (where i go for thyroid check up) he asked me to take fertyl 50mg on my 3rd day to day to 7th day. But i havent checked with any Gynecologist. Would you suggest me to XXXXXXX a gynecologist first and then take the tablet or to XXXXXXX the doctor with the follicular scan report
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

I suppose you were suffering from hypothyroidism and taking treatment for it.

Even when the blood levels of thyroid hormones become normal, it takes time for the metabolic balance
to function orderly.
There can be many other reasons for the infertility and ideally, you should consult your gynaecologist for proper evaluation.

You should not take any medication for fertility without the advice of your gynaecologist.

I hope to have addressed your concern. I am available for follow up queries.

Warm regards