Taking treatment for genital warts. Noticed dry red rash on butt crack. Could this be HPV?

I have gentile warts that I hav to treat from time to time recently I have noticed a dry red rash at the top of my butt crack I have tried using eucerin/ Vaseline which helps it dissipate but it never goes away totally... Could this be from my HPV? As far as I can tell it does not get blisters though it will get real dry an scaly skin which then flakes away if untreated and is mildly sore underneath as the skin has flaked away should I try some of the cream I have for my hpv on it?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The commonest cause of genital warts is HPV. Viral typing, acetowhite staining, and other diagnostic measures are not routinely required. The goal of treatment is clearance of visible warts; some evidence exists that treatment reduces infectivity, but there is no evidence that treatment reduces the incidence of cervical and genital cancer. The choice of therapy is based on the number, size, site, and morphology of lesions, as well as patient preferences, cost, convenience, adverse effects, and clinician experience. Patient-applied therapy such as imiquimod cream or podofilox is increasingly recommended. Podofilox, imiquimod, surgical excision, and cryotherapy are the most convenient and effective options. Fluorouracil and interferon are no longer recommended for routine use.
The presence of blisters should require a further evaluation to exclude other associated genital disease like herpes virus.
Consulting your family physician for a proper evaluation and management is my advice.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.