Taking treatment for acne scars on nose. Getting temporary relief. Any effective solution?

My Nose is getting bigger at night time and also i woke up in the morning.i have acne scars on my nose.and taking treatment for the looks normal after i had bath.why it is happened?what is the solution for that?
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 22 minutes later
Nose can only get bigger with scarring if somebody is having rhinophyma where in due to persistent inflammation nose gets big in size. It is seen in rosacea which is sometimes confused with acne. But temporary enlargement of nose that settles with bathing seems a bit unlikely. However it could be due to active acne lesions or due sebum buildup in oil glands of nose that might irritate and inflame the skin.

To help you out in a better way and offer a proper treatment
I would like to know what treatment are you undergoing for your concern
If other areas of face are involved apart from nose.
If you have complaints of redness over face, if thread like veins are visible over face along with pimples
If you develop redness over face with sun exposure, hot spicy food etc

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Taking treatment for acne scars on nose. Getting temporary relief. Any effective solution? 6 minutes later
am taking treatment for controlling acne n sebum production.i also have acne on my chin.dint have redness but black heads..adding to that my nose is too oily.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It seems that too much of sebum production might be leading to little bit of inflammation over nose that you perceive as swelling.
As the underlying cause for your basic problem is sebum production and acne, following measures can be taken to prevent both
1) use a salicylic acid face wash( saslic ds) or Glycolic acid face wash( melawash) twice in a day
2) use a mild water based moisturiser to hydrate skin
3) use a mild scrub, steam and extract blackheads from face once in a week. Comedones that are too XXXXXXX and difficult to remove at home can be removed under a dermatologists supervision
4) apply adapalene gel or retino a cream over acne lesions,comedone prone areas and over nose ( to reduce oiliness) in night
5) apply clindamycin gel twice in a day over acne lesions
6) if acne is severe or there is too much of sebum production, a course of oral isotretinoin can be taken in doses varying from 10 to 40 mg per day depending upon severity of lesions.
The above measures would surely help in solving your concern.
Should there be any doubt, feel free to write back.
Follow-up: Taking treatment for acne scars on nose. Getting temporary relief. Any effective solution? 22 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
And also want to know how to remove the scars in the nose ,which is created when i squeezed the pimple on the nose.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 11 minutes later
To remove scars on the nose three modalities can be tried depending on severity
Microdermabrasion( mild scars)
Dermarollers( XXXXXXX scars)
Laser resurfacing( XXXXXXX scars)
If the scars are too mild regular application of retino a cream once in a day, would give good results too.

Hope that answers your query.