Taking treatment for RCT. Unable to reach third canal. Can it be left and proceeded further?
User rating for this question
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX I contacted you earlier also. You provided a suggestion to go for RCT and currently I am taking this treatment. I have a complication in my RCT. According to my dentist, she is not able to reach my third canal. It is totally blocked. She tried her best and did two sittings also but she is unable to reach there. The root is visible in XRay but not the canal. Finally she decided to drop that canal and proceed with the second sitting. I am very skeptical about this. Could you please help. Today evening I have another sitting for filling i.e. next stage of RCT. Waiting for your reply. Thanks again XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: If its asymptomatic then complete your RCT. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Its nice to hear from you after so long. In RCT there may be calcified canal in some cases,if tooth is asymptomatic & canal is completely calcified then it can be left.But once the root canal is completed you should not go for immediate capping of tooth.Wait for at least 2 months,if it doesn't pain then go for capping. In case you have any sensitivity or pain in that tooth now,then consult endodontist. Don't panic,it will be fine. Follow the instructions & take proper medication. Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Follow-up: Taking treatment for RCT. Unable to reach third canal. Can it be left and proceeded further? 13 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your immediate reply. According to my dentist, the canal is calcified. Though, she didn't suggest to wait for capping. She told me that in such kind of cases, in future, you may develop an infection in that canal; but that is a remote possibility. Should I ask her to wait for capping? Please suggest. Thanks again for your help. And sorry for panicking but instead of anesthesia my tooth pained a bit in RCT. So I got scared.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes,wait 2 months for capping. Detailed Answer: If there is calcification then you can leave that canal but don't go for immediate capping.Ask her to wait for at least 2 months.So that if there is any problem it will be treated before capping. Slight pain while RCT is normal.Avoiding chewing from that side till your treatment completes. I am glad to answer your query & you are always welcome to consult any problem. Hope I answered your query. Wishing You Good Health. Regards Dr.Neha Sumra
Follow-up: Taking treatment for RCT. Unable to reach third canal. Can it be left and proceeded further? 15 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, its quiet normal. Detailed Answer: When we anesthetize the nerve,it anesthetizes the area where it supplies. So its not at all an issue to worry about. Still in future if you experience its prolonged effect,then do warm saline rinses. Take Care Regards Dr.Neha
Follow-up: Taking treatment for RCT. Unable to reach third canal. Can it be left and proceeded further? 12 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. Your advice is really good.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most welcome Detailed Answer: Wishing you good health Regards Dr.Neha
People also viewed
- Medicine for sinus treatment in rct
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of cephalexin?
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of triamterene?
- Popping noise front of ankle
- Rash ankles feet mono
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of amiodarone?
- Root canal treatment at third trimester
- Root canal treatment pain behind eyes headache taking novaclox-lb treatment
- Swollen ankles and feet in mexico
- Unable to maintain erection treatment
- Gland pain in ankle
- Landed on ankle foot swollen and purple
- Unable to control bladder treatment
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of venlafaxine?
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of amlodipine?