Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor,
Today is my 18th day, and I am currently undergoing follicular scan from day 9th. On 13th Day Egg was seen in left ovary and doctor had given me Hugoc 5000 on day 15th. On day 16th Scan doctor said that it has not yet ruptured and told us to wait. Today is day 18th and still in the follicular scan report its mentioned that its not yet ruptured. Me and my husband has however indulged in the intercourse in past 2 days. On day 18th the egg size is reduced a bit. I am basically being detected with PCOS and we are treating it from past 5 months but still no luck. Doctor had told me to take Metformin and Fol tablets and i have been taking this from past 7 months. On day 2nd of my cycle doctor suggested me to take Fertomid 100MG. Is there a still chance of getting me pregnant in this cycle?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I have read your query and I understand your concerns. Since you have PCOS, ovulation is delayed in some women . Since you say the size of follicle is reduced, it is likely that it has ruptured. I suggest you continue to have intervourse for another 3 days. There is good chance of ruptured follicle and fertilized egg. I wish you all the best. Please get back to me if you donot conceive. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 31 minutes later
Thanks for the details doctor... Here is my follicle report for this cycle..

D15 - Monday 1.9x1.5x1.9 THICKNESS-0.90
D16 - Tuesday 2.1x1.8x2.3 THICKNESS-0.90
D18 - Thursday 1.6x1.5x1.4 THICKNESS-1.0

With this would say that there is still a bit of hope for this month for pregnancy doctor?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Hi, as per these scan reports, follicle has ruptured after 16 th day. It has definitely ruptured by 18 day scan. Hence I suggest you continue intercourse as per advice above. There is definitely good chance of pregnancy. Stay relaxed and try. All the best. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF and Infertility specialist.

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 6 minutes later
Thanks Doctor... My final question is that in follicle report it was not mentioned as ruptured, which typically they will mention during the scanning. Is there any specific reason for not mentioning that?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 20 minutes later
Hi, signs of rupture commonly seen on scan are : 1) Decreased size of follicle 2) Change in shape of follicle 3) Presence if free fluid in POD. Unless these signs are properly seen, many doctors wont report ovulation. 4) Another possibility is that doctor might have forgotten to mention it. Hence dont worry about it. You have ovulated. You might see above signs little later. You continue trying. All the best. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 8 minutes later
Thanks you very much doctor. We will surely try... And hope for the best results.. :)

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Hi, please keep trying. I wish you be gifted with pregnancy soon. Kindly accept my answer and write a review. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 4 days later
Hello Doctor,

Here are our further scanning details.

D19 - Friday 1.6x1.6x1.7 THICKNESS-1.0
D20 - Saturday 1.8x1.8x1.7 THICKNESS-1.0
D22 - Monday 1.9x2.1x1.7 THICKNESS-1.0 Slightly Irregular Border
D23 - Tuesday 2.2x2.03x2.2 THICKNESS-1.0 Borders Regular

Doctor mentioned that its not ruptured and we need not continue the scanning and told us to come next month.

What would you suggest? Please see my previous thread for our past week scanning details and history. Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later

I saw the previous and present reports. I believe the follicle appears to be ruptured and corpus luteum has formed. It is a remnant after follicle rupture and secretes hormone progesterone.

Since its already late, no more scans are required and get back to me after you get your cycles.

If possible take another dose of injection hCG 5000 IU today. It will help as support during luteal phase and also helps to rupture follicle if it has not ruptured. It wont harm.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 5 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.

But our doctor did not suggest for any hCG 5000 IU yesterday/today and have told us that there is nothing much this month. Is it safe for us to take this dosage? Or how should we go about doing this?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later

It is a safe dosage. It will help either ways in your case. Get prescription from your doctor. It wont harm you to take the injection.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 35 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.

Is "hCG 5000 IU" and "Hugoc 5000" one and the same? If so then can we get it injected from any general physician? As our doctor wont be available now.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later

They both are same injections. Take it from any qualified doctor. No problem.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Taking treatment for PCOS. Trying to conceive. Started taking fertomid. Chances of getting pregnant? 1 hour later
Doctor, One more thing. In all our previous scans Endometrium Type is showing as "P" but today its shown as "ES" and their remarks is written as "No Free Fluid". Is this fine? and can we go ahead and take the Hugoc 5000 injection as per your suggestion with this details?

Its fine. This report says there is no ovulation. This injection helps in ovulation if there is no ovulation. It helps in luteal phase support also. Go ahead and take injection.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist