Taking treatment for MRSA, staph infection. On antibiotic. Noticed swelling on tongue. Any advice?

Hello- I am a 55 year old male- laid down to take a nap and in less than an hour awoke to discover just the right side of my tongue swollen to twice normal. Rinsed with salt water . Had not eaten anything unusual--just oatmeal and a banana, ;I am being treated for MRSA, a staph infection, and I am taking a sort of antibiotic cocktail twice a day- any advice ?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. One of the known side effects of lisinopril is angioedema. It can happen on the skin or inside the mouth, on the tongue or in the laryngth. In many occasions no further treatment is needed. However, it is better to talk with your doctor who has given you the medication to see what it his idea about. It would be good for him to know that and he may want to change it in the near future to another medication if it happens again. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.