Taking tiazac xc. Have asthma, high BP, frequent palpitation. History of depression. What to do?

Excellent
Question

I started Tiazac xc 180mg at hs about 2 months ago. My bp has been moderately high, 160/100, for a few monthsand frequent palpitations. Negative stress test. Cardiologist chose Tiazac as I have asthma and a past history of depression so beta blockers may have had some negative side effects.
Tonight I can't remember if I took my dose. My bt is still about 140/85, hr about 75-80. Should I take it now, and possibly again or wait until tomorrow? I'll buy a dosette tomorrow!
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 14 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns.

Currently your blood pressure and heart rate are stable and practically at goal. So instead of potentially taking a double dose of the medication unintentionally, wait for tomorrow morning for next dose and continue in a regular fashion; as you mention.

Pillboxes are a great way to keep track of doses

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you the best health

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Cardiology
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Taking tiazac xc. Have asthma, high BP, frequent palpitation. History of depression. What to do? 10 minutes later
Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 hours later
Most welcome.

If you are happy with my answer, I request you to close this discussion and rate my response.

Best regards