Taking thyroxine for spider nevus on legs and arms. Could thyroxine be the cause for difficulty in breathing?

after being on 25grms thyroxin for two weeks clusters of spider nevus type spots appearedon legs arms and body. Also difficulty in breathing. Could the thyroxin be the cause
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have bleeding anywhere from your body?
2.) Do you get blood in urine or stools?
3.) Do you have cough or chest pain?
4.) Are you Diabetic or Hypertensive?

Your history suggests you have Petechiae on your arms and legs due to low platelet count, but it has to be confirmed. Your symptoms does not seem to be related to Thyroxine and could be a incidental finding. Few common side effects of Thyroxine are: Changes in appetite, anxiety, excessive sweating, fatigue, headache, hyperactivity, insomnia and weakness.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Urinalysis.
3.) ECG.

Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly. Kindly do not delay.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.