Taking thyronorm to control TSH level. Is there any permanent remedy?

Question
Myself XXXXXXX age-32,weight-75kg,height-5.5ft. My TSH level is 11.2 and I took thyronorm 50mb tab daily. I want to control my TSH level permanently. please suggest me about the medicine and necessary safety measure about diet and etc.
Which medicine I'll take
Which diet I'll take on routine basic?
Avoidable things.
Any other expert advice as per my blood test report
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Your TSH is high which means you have hypothyroidism. In hypothyroidism thyroid gland makes less thyroid hormone so thyroid hormones t3 and t4 levels fall whereas TSH increases. TSH more than 10 implies lifelong medication.
treatment for hypothyroidism is thyroxine replacement. There is no permanent cure and you have to take thyronorm for rest of your life. Dose will have to be adjusted to keep TSH in normal range. Thats pretty simple and depends on follow up TSH results.
Take normal diet. Avoid bulk quantities of cauliflower, cabbage, soyabean and radish. Nothing else required in diet. Give a gap of 1 hour befote eating or drinking after you have taken thyronorm. You can also check for TPO antibodies and repeat TSH from a second lab to reconfirm the values.
Hope tiis helps.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Taking thyronorm to control TSH level. Is there any permanent remedy? 4 hours later
As per my second blood report shows increase levels are found in graves disease.
According to my blood report any serious thing.
please suggest me as per my present blood report take 50mg or 25mg thyronorm tab daily.
Continue of Thyronorm for rest of life. In this case any other side effects will arise or not.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 3 hours later
Second report is also suggestive of hypothyroidism, not Graves' disease which is hyperthyroidism.
Take 50 micro gram for 2 months and repeat TSH. Based on follow up TSH result, dosage can further be adjusted. You have to take lifelong treatment. No side effects because its thyroid hormone which is deficient in you that s being replaced. So dont worry.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Taking thyronorm to control TSH level. Is there any permanent remedy? 20 hours later
Dear Sir,
As per my both blood reports there are so many increasing levels according to normal range like cholesterol,calcium total,R.B.C Count,RDW-CV,Eosinophil etc.
please give your best export advice for that.

for that above subject any medication required if yes then please suggest me about the medicine.
diet plan both veg. and non veg.
any other special export advice for avoidable things.
expecting a quick and positive response from your end.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 5 hours later
These tests require reconfirmation. Repeat the abnormal tests after a couple of months. If still not normal we can think about evaluation and treatment. Detailed diet plan isnt possible here but avoid junk food, fried objects and red meat. Drink 2-3 ltrs of water, eat lots of salad. Maintain a proper diet schedule, walk for 2- 3 km a day. More than anything be cheerful. That s important my friend.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad