Taking thyronorm for the last few years. Thyroid test done. Are the findings in normal range?

Question
I am taking Thyronorm 50 mcg from past 3 years as prescribed by Doctor.
Recently I have done again the TST test, the results are as
On 02-03-2013 - TSH - 0.01
last year it was
On 10-02-2012 - TSH - 4.154
Please advice me what shall be done?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 36 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. I believe you are asking on behalf of your wife. If the TSH has not been done from a good lab repeat from a second more reliable lab. If the test result is reconfirmed that means the dose of thyronorm is more. This could happen sometimes if thyroid function improves spontaneously or if someone loses weight. In any case it implies that dose needs to be reduced. So if the test result is reconfirmed reduce the dose to 25 microgram per day and repeat TSH after 6 weeks. Try to get thyroid profile instead just TSH only.
Nothing to worry for now.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Taking thyronorm for the last few years. Thyroid test done. Are the findings in normal range? 2 days later
Thank you Doctor... will recheck thyroid profile...

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 3 hours later
Ok fine.
Shivaprasad