Taking thyronorm and rosuvastatin tablet to reduce TSH level. Should I stop taking tablet?

Excellent

Question
2 months back, my TSH reading was 46.11 μIU/ml. I am currently taking 2 Thyronorm tablets in the morning & 1 Rosuvastatin in the night for controlling cholestrol (Understand that cholestrol went up due to inefficient functioning of the Thyroid. My latest reading of TSH is 2.4 μIU/ml. Should I reduce or stop the Thyronorm & Rosuvastatin tablets? If not now, when can stop the medication?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 24 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Thyronorm will have to be taken lifelong. Thrte is no need to reduce the dose now. Dose will only be reduced if TSH is below the lower limit of normal i.e, less than 0.5.
Take rosuvastatin for a minimum of 6 months to have the maximum benefit. After that you can check lipid profile. Depending on the results the decision to discontinue tablets can be done.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad