Taking telma after 5hrs of food. Blood sugar 103mg/dl and fasting 76mg/dl. Suggestions?

after eating my lunch with rice dal & fish and then taking telma 80 after 5 hrs & then checking my blood sugar it comes 103mg/dl but my fasting is 76 mg/dl & pp is 92mg/dl according to accu-check active
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 26 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Telma 80 is a B.P medication, which has no relation with the blood sugar levels.

So, please explain what your query is.

Follow-up: Taking telma after 5hrs of food. Blood sugar 103mg/dl and fasting 76mg/dl. Suggestions? 41 minutes later
according to accu-check active device my fasting was found to be 76mg/dl & my pp was 92mg/dl.i had taken my lunch with rice ,dal, fish at 15:00 hrs and i measured my blood sugar at 20:00 hr it was showing 103mg/dl & in night also after taking dinner at 22:00 hrs with roti, dal & fish & measuring at 00:00 hrs it was 110mg/dl now my question is wheather blood sugar can vary that much in a day????
note:-i took telma80 at 21:30hr & atorlip10 at 22:00hr.
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 17 minutes later

Welcome back.

Now your query is more accurate,

Yes, blood sugar values change every minute.

The blood sugar levels depends upon :-

-The type of food you eat(More carbohydrate diet -more blood sugar levels)
-The Physical activity (or) Let it be your routine activities (more work-more energy consumption leads to decreased blood sugar levels)
-Medications (applicable only-if the patient is diabetic)

So our blood sugar values varies in each minute depending upon our body requirement.

I will tell you one example- After having breakfast like idli or dosa we will get certain amount glucose in to our blood. Some of it may be utilised for our office work and some may be stored in liver as glycogen. Now if you dont eat until 2PM afternoon,the blood levels of glucose falls, now you feel hunger if you eat again in afternoon at 2 PM again you will refresh your blood sugar levels.This way the blood sugar levels ups and downs. If you dont eat at all you feel dizzy at that time your sugar will be low.

Hope you are clarified now.
Follow-up: Taking telma after 5hrs of food. Blood sugar 103mg/dl and fasting 76mg/dl. Suggestions? 29 minutes later
as per my given details is my blood sugar is ok or not because after 5hr of lunch it is nearly fasting type which give me result 103mg/dl which is above level note here is that i hv slept for 3hr continuously & another question to ask is my cholesterol was found to be 250 & bp 160/120 at my age of 23 whether it can happen or not?is it curable? my height is 5ft 2inch & weight 90kg
thanks again for bbearing me
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 7 hours later
Welcome back,

From your clinical description you are overweight for your Height,you have Hypertension also.

In the recent days there is increased number of young people who are getting diagnosed with Hypertension and Diabetes. Its happening because of multiple factors like Work stress,Environmental pollution,Poor physical activity,Dietary habbits..etc. So in your case also its not uncommon to see hypertension in such a young age.I do have lot of college students who are being treated for hypertension.

Coming to your next question-about your blood sugar levels, all the values you have given are under normal limits only. if you want to screen for Diabetes, you better get an OGTT test with 75gms of glucose which gives correct results.
A person is said to be under fasting when he doesn't take anything (calorie food) for atleast 8*hrs.

Coming to your next question about cholesterol - you should maintain it below 250mg/dl . As you are in young age,you can increase your physical exercise,follow good low-fat diet.

Finally you asked whether its curable?- No, once the patient is Hypertensive you should use medications life long-its only treatable not curable. for that decrease your salt intake.