Taking tamoxifen and have itchy heat rash on leg. is this side effect?

Sep 2013

I am taking tamoxifen for about 5 weeks and have noticed a heat rash on the tops of my legs. The lower part of my legs have also been itchy. Is this a side effect of tamoxifen.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Tamoxifen & its side effects. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having breast cancer. Tamoxifen in a dose of 20-40 mg / day is the most potent drug for breast cancer. Its side effects are many & few of them are. Hot flushes ( heat rash). Pruritus vulvae, dry skin , Rash, Itching ,redness or swelling over arm or leg. In your case these symptoms are due to side effect of Tamoxifen. Consult your treating doctor and get his opinion. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question , ask in follow up. Good luck . Dr. HET