Taking systolic and amlodipine. Stressed out. Could I take xanax for anxiety?

Just started taking systolic 2 weeks ago. I also take amlodipine can I take a tranxene or Xanax for my anxiety am a 73 year old women. Good health active but am having trouble as I get older handling stress I still work
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Xanax helps relieving anxiety

Detailed Answer:

To answer your query xanax is routinely prescribed for anxiety irrespective of age. However there are indications for prescription of drugs for older people, this indications start if the conservative (no drug) approach does not help. The good thing about this drug it can help to control the blood pressure further over Amlodipine. The bad thing is it has addiction potential and you may depend on it for your sleep soon.

I did not understand what do you mean by taking systolic 2 weeks back, Is systolic a drug? I hear it only as upper number of Blood pressure.

So my suggestion to you is to speak to your doctor about adding Xanax to your current regimen.

Hope this helps.