Taking suboxone instead of norco. Feeling lethargic, queasy, shaky, pain due to herniated disc. Suggestion?

Hello I was wondering if pain management doctors test for suboxone. I thought I wanted to stop my Norco rx and took some suboxone strips for a few days which was wonderful bc it took away the wds and cravings but made me feel very lethargic, queasy, tired, shaky, and I couldn't even take my daughter to the playground. I tried taking less but it still made me feel bad and on top of it I am experiencing excruciating pain due to several herniated discs. The best thing that worked was Norco which I have become dependent on but it's much better than taking the suboxone. I want to go to my pm doctor and am afraid that they will find out I used suboxone. Can you help?
Hello I am so sorry but I misspelled my email
it's really YYYY@YYYY

Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. They may test for suboxone and you can tell the truth to them. Usually there is no concern to begin with pain management medication if you have already used suboxone. You just should not take suboxone when taking pain management medication since it can cause you to feel lethargic, shaky, etc. You can also tell him that you have been on suboxone and it has been effective fr your pain. This medication can also be used for the management of your pain. The advantage of suboxone is that you may able to take a low amount of it or gradually decrease it successfully. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Taking suboxone instead of norco. Feeling lethargic, queasy, shaky, pain due to herniated disc. Suggestion? 35 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your answer. I wanted to explain that the suboxone does NOT help with the pain that's why I wanted to go back on Norco but am afraid that they might let me go because I took the suboxone. I would not and have not taken anything with the suboxone and will make sure that it's been a while before taking the Norco.
So will they have grounds to let me go from the practice if I have suboxone in my system?
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 11 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Suboxone has a long half life in the body so it takes 10 to 14 days to be excreted. However, there should not be any problem in that regard since you took it for the pain control. I wish you have no pain very soon.