Taking suboxone. Tested positive for pregnancy. Will this cause any harm on fetus?

I am 31yrs old and 7 weeks pregnant I have been on Suboxone for 2yrs I am very worried about my Baby, because I am on this medication. My OB does not know much about this medication and I am having much anxiety over this. Is there a Fetal Medicine and Maternal Medicine Doctor you could refer my to. I have heard about Subutex would this be better. I have tried to detox myself off of the Suboxone, but could not do it. I live in the Houston, Tx area. Thank you. .
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 30 minutes later

Suboxone contains Buprenorphine and naloxone. It belongs to FDA-C class. That means animal studies are harmful to fetus but no well controlled studies in human beings. Drug has to be taken only if benefits are more than loss.
Subutex contains buprenorphine. Both causes miscarriage and congenital anomalies to some extent.
I recommend you to discontinue the drug and get a detailed anomaly scan at 20 weeks.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer