Taking shiphine. Unable to conceive a child. What could be the reason?

I have been taking a tab shiphine from four months unfortunately i am not concieving pls give the solution could i XXXXXXX any doctor for this.....
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
First of all you should stop taking SIPHENE,as it is a special drug and given under special condition and that too under the supervision and advise of the doctor.

There can be plenty of medical as well as non medical causes in you and your partner,for not getting pregnant.
The non medical causes in you could be
Too little or too much sex
Dashing to bathroom immediately after sex
Doing very aggressive physical exercises
Consuming alcohol,drugs,smoking or plenty of caffeine
Being very stressful

Medical causes could be
Polycystic ovarian disease

Your partner could be having faulty sperm count.

Consult a gynecologist and get yourself investigated properly and then take the proper medication as advised.
Never take any medicine of your own.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Taking shiphine. Unable to conceive a child. What could be the reason? 12 hours later
Thank you Doctor for your answer....that time i called my family doctor and asked he told about 2 tab 1 is syfol 5mg and shiphine 100mg syfol for daily night after food and shiphine is in perieds time from my 3rd day could i stop 2 tab also.....
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
As I explained you earlier,it is very important to diagnose the cause for not conceiving.
There is no rationale in taking any medication like that.
You must consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and investigated thoroughly by getting blood tests as well as ultrasound abdomen.
Once,you are investigated,proper medication can be prescribed.

You may take SYSFOL as it is FOLIC ACID but take SIPHENE only after investigations.

Follow-up: Taking shiphine. Unable to conceive a child. What could be the reason? 21 minutes later
thank u very much doctor, after consulting a doctor i will inform you what they told me is it ok no doctor....thank you very much.....
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Yes,that be the right approach towards solving your problem.