Taking respidan and pacitane. No improvement seen. Can I stop taking this medicine?

Good

Question
I am adviced by the doctor to take tab respidan 3mg two tablets at night along with tablet pacitane 2mg one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I have been talking this for about a month.

Can I stop taking these tablets as I am not finding much difference by taking these tablets
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

can you kindly reply with reason why were these drugs prescribed by the doctor and what are the symptoms you are experiencing. it will be very kind and helpful if you could reply in detail about your symptoms

Thanks

Follow-up: Taking respidan and pacitane. No improvement seen. Can I stop taking this medicine? 19 hours later
Dear doctor,

I am a married lady with two kids of 4 yrs and 1.5yrs. I was getting the feeling that my husband is cheating me. Was feeling very sleepy,used to sleep till 12 noon. Feeling weak and unable to do house work. My husband complained to my parents that I am not taking care of the kids also and not taking care of the house like cooking, cleaning etc.My parents told me that i am blowing small things out of proportion by my suspicious nature.
My parents took me to the doctor who advised me the above drugs. My husband says nothing has happened to me warranting to approach a psychiatrist and prescription the mentioned drugs.
My situation at husbands house is such that I want to stop taking the drugs. Please advise whether I can stop it fully forthwith or taper off dosage over a period of time. I have taken the above medicines for about a month only.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the detailed reply

The drugs that have been prescribed to you as such do not have any dependency. The therapy is a long term however if you want to stop them abruptly, you can stop using them at once.

As for as you issues are concerned, they do not require any medical treatment but they can be solved through negotiations. The only treatment option I would recommend for you is to have few sessions with psychologist that will hopefully help you

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Taking respidan and pacitane. No improvement seen. Can I stop taking this medicine? 15 hours later
Dear doctor,

Since I have already taken the medicine for about a month I want to know whether abrupt and sudden stoppage of taking medicine will not have any adverse effect on me by any side effects.
Please advise whether I should go for sudden stoppage or phasing out over period of a week or fortnight is advisable.
Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Thanks for you reply

As I already stated, these drugs do not cause any dependency and you can stop them suddenly and there will be no side effects or any withdrawal symptoms. so if you want to stop them, stop them now.

Thanks