Taking ramipril for high BP. Have polyp removed. Now have BP in normal range. Should I take beta blockers?

Hi, I've had high blood pressure since +CT 2012 when I was told I might have cancer of womb, which turned out to be ok with removal of polyp.
I'm taking 10mg Ramapril and been using a measure pod at gp but have been taking it after walking for 20 mins or more fast and having to take 3 to get an average and readings were elevated. I bought a BP machine and just done at home and reading was
120/74 pulse 61 am I normal again. Dr has given me beta blockers but I've not taken and don't want to either.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later

If your blood pressure is settled around 120/80 with pulse around 60-65, then there is no need to get an additional anti hypertensive like beta blocker. But you have to monitor your blood pressure on regular basis. It is quite possible that your doctor must have found higher blood pressure reading in you while taking the reading at his clinic.

Many a times higher blood pressure readings are observed at the clinics.

I think you don't need any additional drug at the moment and can carry on with your Ramipril 10 mg.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck.