Taking rabies vaccination and got dog bite again. Should I complete full course again?

Bit by dog on 09/12/2012. I have taken vaccination on 10th,13th,17th and 24th. Next is due on 07th XXXXXXX 2013. Yesterday Bit by dog again. What needs to be done ?
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
You need to take care of the wound only. You have to complete the course of the rabies vaccination and need not to take the full course again. Line of treatment for dog bite requires
1. Careful wound care immediately after bite. Because dog teeth a very sharp and thin, dirt and saliva can be introduced XXXXXXX into the wound.
2. Wounds must be rinsed and cleaned completely immediately after the injury.
3. A person with a dog bite may require antibiotics, analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug for proper healing without infection.
4. Tetanus and rabies vaccinations must be given in 24 hours of the injury. I hope you have already taken Tetanus toxoid after previous exposure, so need not to be taken again. Just take your last dose of rabies vaccination.
Consult your treating doctor for wound care and further treatment.

Hope you got your answer to your query. Write again if you have any further query.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Taking rabies vaccination and got dog bite again. Should I complete full course again? 15 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.
1) I have taken Tetanus on 10th along with rabies vaccination.
2) I will take 7th XXXXXXX vaccination.Can I take 90th day vaccination ?
3) How long body remains immune ?
4) In my case anything to worry about ?
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks again
1) Need not to take Tetanus toxiod again.
2) The booster dose can be taken at 90th day if prescribed by your doctor. Booster dose is need if there is low immunity and depending on the antibody titre. There is no harm if you take it any how.
3) The person remain immune for almost 10 years but booster doses after 2-5 years have to be taken in persons who have maximum exposure to the virus life veterinary doctors, forest officers.
4) Nothing to worry about but take proper care of the wound because any infection can cause delayed healing and other complications.

Dr. Kulbir Singh