Taking qutan, benfage plus for seizure and anxiety. Having headache and developed GERD. Any ideas?

I am on QUTAN 25 1-0-2 BENFAGE PLUS 1-0-0 DIVAA od 500 0-0-1 Nexito 10 0-0-1 for seizure & anxiety ,Now headache and guiddiness. Whether DIVAA od 500 once a day or ENCORATE CHRONO 300 TWICE A DAY IS OKAY AS I HAVE NOW DEVELOPED GERD WITH HIATUS HERNIA WITH OESOPHAGEAL ULCER AND FISSURE IN ANO RECENTLY
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 18 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your complaints and concern. Valproate preparations (Diva OD, Encorate etc) can cause dyspepsia and aggravate the symptoms of GERD; but rare. This is not a very common and serious side effects of valproate.

Valproate should not be used in patients with kidney and liver problem. It can cause problem in the pancreas gland also. You may opt for any of this preparations as it wont adversely affect you (i mean it wont have adverse effect on hiatus hernia and fissure etc).

If I were to be your treating doctor, I would suggest a single dose of Diva OD instead of two. .

Hope this clarifies. Please get back to me if you have any concern
Best wishes