Taking pulse treatment for pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gastric trouble. Alternate treatment?

Hi , My Mother is suffering with Phemphigus vulgaris for the last 2 years and she was taking Pulse treatment for the last 5 months and it is a 18 months treatment. But my mother is getting severe Gastric trouble if she takes the pulse treatment as they are giving high dose antibiotics and she is unable to eat food beacase of gastric trouble . Please suggest me if there is any other treatment apart from Pulse treatment. I heard that there are some injections . please suggest if we can take that and also any side effects with that injections. she is suffering a lot please suggest some good treatment .

Thank you
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 52 minutes later
Hi dear, pulse treatment is one of the best modality of treatment.
Only problem is side effects.

Pulse therapy is given only in severe conditions. There is both oral as well as injectable pulse therapy. If your mother is on oral pulse and not tolerating it, she can be put on injectable pulse.

Once the condition is controlled, oral daily medicines like corticosteroids and azathioprine can be used.

Hence, please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and talk to him about injectable pulse.
Wishing your mother a good health. Let me know if you have more concerns.
Thank you
Follow-up: Taking pulse treatment for pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gastric trouble. Alternate treatment? 40 minutes later
Thank you sir , My Mother is taking the Pulse theraphy as injectable. They are giving injections for 3 days in a month . is it possible to take the same medicine as oral pulse ? because she was using medicines ( Tablets ) and it was under control but now after starting the injections she got sever gastric problem. Could you please suggest Dermotologist in Hyderbad.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Hello dear, thanks for query.
Yes, definitely it is possible to give oral pulse. But as I mentioned earlier pulses are given only in severe cases. In addition, even these have gastric side effects.
If her condition is under control, it is best to give daily low dose therapy.
I think meeting a dermatologist with XXXXXXX or Osmania hospital will be a good option.
Thank you