Taking protonix for GERD. Have burning sensation in arm and above breast. EKG normal. Remedy?

Im 22 and having intense burning on my left side above my breast, the burning is also in my left arm. Ive had ekg's before and been told I dont have heart problem but I tend to have chest pains a lot. I take protonix for Gerd but have never had pain and burning this bad,could it be heart trouble.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Heart Disease is almost unlikely.
You are too young to have Ischemic Heart Disease / too old for Congenital Heart Disease to start... All the same go for ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – to rule all these out and for reassurance / better than guessing and worrying all along...

Examine your breast and axilla - exclude lumps....

Get X-rays of the Chest, Neck and Thoracic spine - to exclude anomalies and nerve irritation

This could all be from Anxiety - Psychological assessment and assistance may help. You are young... Stop worrying and start enjoying life...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck