Taking protein-rich and iron-rich diet but no decrease in hair loss. What can I do to control it?

Question
HI,
I am 28 years old, 5.8 and 65 kgs. I am suffering from hair loss. I take a diet XXXXXXX in proteins, iron but still I find that hair loss is not decreasing. Could you please tell me what can I do to control it.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1.) Since how long have you been suffering from this?
2.) Do you have any kind of stress?
3.) Does any body else in your family has the same problem?

The reasons for Hair Loss include,

1.) Hormonal changes.
2.) Stress.
3.) Heredity.
4.) Poor Nutrition
5.) Infection.
6.) Hair treatments.

All these factors have to be ruled out to know the exact cause for your symptoms. Hence get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he can do a Physical Examination and run few tests like, blood work, trichoanalysis, skin scrapings and so on. Your doctor would then prescribe medications which would help you.

In addition to this, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, egg whites, skimmed milk, chicken, fish, peas etc.
2.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
3.) Wear a helmet while riding a bike.
4.) Handle your hair gently after a head bath, Whenever possible, allow your hair to air dry naturally.
5.) Have head baths twice a week.
6.) Avoid tight hairstyles.
7.) Avoid smoking and alcohol, if you do.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Taking protein-rich and iron-rich diet but no decrease in hair loss. What can I do to control it? 1 hour later

Hi Doctor,

thanks for your answers.
My answers are as follows:

1. This problem is there since last 3-4 years.
2. I do not have any kind of stress.
3. IN my family some people had baldness in later stanges of their life( after 35 years)

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 8 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back to me.

You have a family history of hair loss, which is a hereditary type hair loss in your case but other causes also have to be ruled out, hence get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that appropriate treatment could be initiated at the earliest.

Wishing you Best of Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.