Taking proper diet. Facing bitter taste in mouth and tongue. Need some solution

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
My diet is good, I prefer to eat boiled/steam beans, fresh seasonal cut fruit, drink lemon tea, home prepared presh one time food, BUT STILL I AM FACING FROM THE LAST ABOUT NINE MONTHS BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH TONGUE.

WHATEVER I EAT, WHATEVER I DRINK SOUR OR SWEET WITHIN 5 MINUTES I FEEL BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH & TONGUE.

KINDLY HELP, ADVISE & OBLIGE.
REGARDS
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 54 minutes later
I understand your concern as you are having a lingering bitter taste in your mouth which can be irritating, disgusting and frustrating. Medically, this change in the ability to taste is called Dysgeusia. The reasons for a bitter taste in the mouth can be manifold. Respiratory problems, bacterial infections, gum, dental and other oral problems, as well as certain types of diseases (Gastroesophageal reflux ,cirrhosis etc) drugs and medications are the most common causes for a bitter taste in the mouth. If the bitter taste persists throughout the day, it could also mean that you might have a liver problem. Therefore a proper prognosis and treatment in such cases is vital to avoid affecting your daily life.
Since you haven't mentioned I assume you are not on medications ( if so then kindly medication) and you seem to be healthy so the possibility could be dental or acid reflux problems .
The best way to confirm would be to consult your doctor for a thorough check up to confirm the cause . Depending on the findings the doctor might order few tests like blood counts , sugar, liver and renal profile etc.
Please do not worry as this is not a very serious problem but it's best not to neglect it and go ahead with the appropriate treatment depending on the cause.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Regards.