Taking pristiq and trazadone. Can I take nyquil for severe cold symptoms?

Hi there,
I am on Pristiq and Trazadone. Can I take NyQuil for my severe cold symptoms (sore throat, cough, coarse voice, fever amd runny nose) before bed?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The medications you are on i.e., Pristiq and Trazadone are prescription anti-depression medications so I hope you are taking them under your doctor's supervision .

NyQuil is an antipyretic and decongestant and I guess if you have symptoms of sleep.
It will not have any interaction with the medication you already are on. However would like to inform you to avoid alcohol.

Keep your self well hydrated. You could take some steam inhalation before sleep.
If you are not better in 2-3 days then get in touch with your doctor for a examination of throat and maybe antibiotic course.

Hope to have answered your query.